Ever since I can remember Sundays have been filled with family. From when I would spend Sunday mornings at my dads and he would have woken up early and gone to Bojangles to get me breakfast and we would spend the rest of the day together, too going to church with my mom and rob and then coming home and making a palette on the living room floor to curl up and watch a movie and then inevitably fall asleep. Through the years Sundays have changed and I have not always been able to wake up to warm bojangles or lay on the ground and take a nap with my mom but I have always loved spending time with family and close friends.
Now that I am at school Sundays are the days when I miss home the most. Yes I love my roommates like stated in previous post and they are my temporary family but my heart always feels a little empty on Sundays and today has been one of those days. This morning I woke up and looked out the window and it was snowing and all I could think about is how church would sometimes get cancelled because of snow and my mom and I would spend the day baking and watching movies and that was the best! But needless to say here in Utah things do not stop for just a couple inches of snow. My friends Alicia is leaving for her mission on Wednesday and so she had her farewell today so me and K,C, and R went to her farewell it was so nice to be in a family environment again but it was hard that it wasn't my family.
When we came home all I wanted to do was curl up in my bed and cry. I have not been this homesick in a really long time and I felt that if I let out a good cry I would be okay! [Why I did not just call my mom and tell her I missed her I have no idea but I guess I was just being stubborn, BIG SURPRISE] I felt that if I was to call my mom I would just cry to her and then she would be sad so instead I just took a nap.
Do you ever take those short 30 min naps and feel like you can conquer anything well that was what happen after this one! I was good to go but that did not last too long because I ended up calling my mom and holding back the tears as she told me how much she missed me. Now I am laying in my bed about to watch some OTH and go to sleep.
I guess the moral of this story is sometimes you never get too old to just call home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment