This may be couple days late but I just need to tell you about my interesting weekend. So Friday morning I had a meeting with my advisor and basically planned out my life for the rest of college, which was super helpful. I will be majoring in Human Development with the plan to either work in the school system as a social worker or a counselor in schools.
Now to the interesting part of my Friday. I was getting ready for work and my phone rang and this guy from my ward (the group a people I go to church with) was calling to see if I had plans and if I didn't that he wanted to set me up on a date with one of his friends who just got home from serving a mission (lds 2 year mission) in Africa. My first reaction was like well I haven't been on a first date in about 2 years so this should be interesting and so I just said yes. We were going to play a game called bigger or better, and what you do is you get in groups and you go around to random house and ask if they have something bigger or better than the object that we have.
We all meet up and I meet James, he was a totally bro and thought he was hot as hell (which if you just looked at him you would think he was) but then he opened his mouth he became fugly. He found out I was from North Carolina and asked me what there was to do there. He asked if we surfed in NC and he didn't know we had mountains. I am thinking in my head have you ever taken a geography class?!?!
So we are going door to door asking for random things and it was totally fun beside the fact that he kept calling me AMBER! People in our group kept saying, "Isn't your name Amanda?" and I would just nod and laugh and say yep! He did not pick up the entire time that he was calling me by the wrong name.
After the date we decided to go get ice cream and we were in a car where there were 4 people to the backseat. So obviously I was awkwardly sitting on his lap kind of and he felt the need to say, "Wow, I did not know we were going to be cuddling on the first date." I was disgusted and awkwardly laughed and just sat in complete silence until we got to the ice cream place.
The final thing that happen was every other guy paid for their dates ice cream and mine did not and continued to call me Amber after I have already told him about 30 times that my name was Amanda.
Needless to say he will not be getting a second date!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment